Sarcasm is a popular form of satire in today’s culture, and we practically live off it.
But what if I told you that there are some key reasons that sarcasm can be one of the greatest superpowers we humans possess? Read on to learn why.
1. You can tell when others are lying
You’re constantly on the ball and paying attention, so when someone tries to pull the wool over your eyes, you are the first to call them out on their lies. No one can get past you, and you definitely won’t let them.
2. You’ve got a much thicker skin
Your sharp wit and clever words make it easy to brush off another’s criticism. You also know exactly what to say to make them tick, and leave you alone. Even when someone does upset you, you have the best self-defence skills, so they definitely won’t know.
3. You can read between the lines like a pro
When someone is trying to hide something, you’re the first one who sees it. You can read people’s body language like a second language, and you know what’s what. When it comes to situations that require a sharp eye, you’re there to figure out exactly what is going on.
4. Naming the elephant in the room is your best skill
Everyone’s thinking the same thing, but you’re the only one who’s brave enough to say it. You can point out exactly what’s not being said, and keep everyone honest. People will be grateful for this in the future, so it’s a valuable skill to have.
5. You can argue better than most lawyers
No one can argue better than those with a sarcastic tongue. You know exactly how to cut to the root of the problem and explain to others what they’ve done to upset you. Arguing with a sarcastic person is not something to take lightly.
6. You are spot on in assessing people’s weaknesses
This can be both a positive and a negative. You know exactly what will get to people, but you can also support friends and family in their weaknesses. You can be more supportive than others who aren’t as keen to notice the weaknesses in others because you know exactly what the problem is without having to be told.
So carry on with your sarcasm and keep practicing your superpower because it is one of the best weapons you have.
Latest posts by Francesca F. (see all)
- If You Get Emotionally Tired with These 5 Things, You Must Be an Introvert - May 10, 2018
- What Is Socratic Questioning and How to Use It for Self-Analysis and Problem-Solving - April 16, 2018
- 6 Things That Hide Behind Defensive Behavior and How to Deal with It - April 13, 2018
- You Are Dealing with a Cold-Hearted Person If They Do These 7 Things - January 7, 2018
- 8 Ways People Who Are Attracted to Intelligence Are Different from Everyone Else - December 12, 2017