There are some little truths introverts would like to tell some people; yet, they never do.
Introverts are known for their remarkable ability to avoid social interaction by all means. This skill has been truly mastered by the individuals of this personality type. In order to avoid the unwanted interaction, they do some little things but keep them secret to others and will never admit doing them.
It’s not because introverts hate people; they just don’t like forced communication and don’t open up easily. More precisely, they open up only to the closest individuals they love and trust unconditionally – those who are used to their introvert quirks and won’t judge. At the same time, introverts won’t reveal even 10% of their personality to the people they are acquainted with but not close to.
The below-described things could be addressed to a colleague, a neighbor, an acquaintance or a relative – literally, anyone who shares the same social, professional or family circle with the introvert; yet, there is no deep connection between them.
So here are the truths introverts will never tell those people (even if sometimes, they might want to).
1. “Before leaving the apartment, I listen carefully and peek through the peephole to make sure I won’t run into you or any other neighbor.”
2. “When you invited me to that party and I said I was sick, in reality, I just didn’t want to go.”
3. “When you said ‘call me,’ it felt like my world was falling apart.”
4. “It takes much effort to pretend that I’m interested in what you are saying about your weekend. I’m actually waiting for the moment when you finally stop talking and go.”
5. “I didn’t actually have plans for that weekend, I just wanted to spend some time alone at home.”
6. “One day, I saw you in the store and did my best so you wouldn’t notice me and we wouldn’t need to have an awkward conversation. Luckily, you didn’t.”
7. “I’m not really interested to learn what’s up. Let’s talk about something fascinating and meaningful or leave me alone.”
8. “Remember I told you I missed your phone call/overlooked your facebook or text message? The truth is that I just didn’t want to talk at that time.”
9. “When you ask why I’m so quiet or why I don’t talk much, it takes effort not to roll my eyes and say something rude.”
10. “I don’t care about your birthday and neither do I want you to care about mine.”
11. “When you called me to say that the party we were to go to was canceled, I did my best to show that I was sorry to hear that. In reality, I felt more relieved and happy than ever. It literally made my day.”
12. “I’m not antisocial; neither do I hate people. I just enjoy spending time in my own company more than having pointless conversations with people I don’t care about and who obviously don’t care about me.”
If you are an introvert, do you ever want to say these things to some people? Are there any other truths introverts would like to tell but won’t, which are not on this list? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
- 3 Reasons Why Introverts Are Among the Most Genuine Folks You’ll Meet - May 12, 2021
- 5 Negative Character Traits Disguised As Good Qualities in Our Society - April 30, 2021
- Special Pink Supermoon Will Brighten the Sky This Monday! - April 25, 2021
Copyright © 2012-2021 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.