From time to time we all have terrible, very bad and unlucky days. Dam at work, getting off on the wrong foot, spoilt mood, inadequate people, quarrel with relatives, alarming diagnosis from your doctor, etc… There may be many reasons.
Here are some tips to control such days:
- Restrain the desire to “please” yourself. The pleasure does not last long, and then you feel guilt, loss of control, and other negative emotions that will only aggravate the situation. So when you find yourself thinking, “I’ll feel better if I drink a beer, eat a donut, smoke a cigarette, buy new jeans,” ask yourself if it really will make you feel better.
- Do something good for someone else. The statement “when I do good, I feel good” really works. For some, to do good in a difficult period of time is the only way to feel better.
- Distract yourself. Do something completely unrelated to your problems and the ways of their solution.
- Seek inner peace through outer order. Sometimes doing some housework really helps: cleaning up, washing dishes, throwing away unnecessary things.
- Say to yourself, “Well, at least I did…” Yes, you had a terrible day, but at least you went to the gym, played with children, did something important on a personal project or finished a task at work.
- Stay tuned. If you have a bad day, it is easy to isolate yourself from the outside world. Try to meet and talk to people, especially your close ones.
- Sleep on it. Go to bed earlier and start all over again in the morning. In addition, the lack of sleep will only worsen the mood, so more sleep will benefit you.
- Remind yourself of the other aspects of your life. If you are having problems at work, call your friends, classmates or relatives. Do not miss the chance to be around people who love you, appreciate you and are always happy to see you.
- Think ahead. Ask yourself: “Will this problem be relevant in a month? In a year?” Soon you will not even remember some of the things that do not give you peace of mind now.
- Write it down. It is one of the most effective techniques to deal with current problems. Write it down and read it a day or a week later and probably then you will find it funny or stupid.
- Be thankful. Remind yourself that an unlucky day is not a disaster. Perhaps, it could be worse.
- ‘Why Don’t People Like Me?’ 6 Powerful Reasons - May 30, 2020
- How to Deal with Failure When Everything Goes Wrong - May 10, 2020
- 9 Signs of Needy People & How They Manipulate You - May 7, 2020
Copyright © 2012-2020 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.