Sixth sense exists and helps us understand what other people think
After five years of follow-up study of the brain activity, Trisha Stratford from the University of Technology, Sydney concluded that two people can “synchronize” the functions of their nervous system without having any visual or physical contact. She tried to explain scientifically what happens when two people’s brains interact, which happens even when we fall in love!
The research involved 30 volunteers whose reactions were being recorded while the functions of their brain were synchronizing. ”To use more modern terminology, we can say that their brains were chatting,” says Dr. Stratford.
”It was very exciting. Once two brains become one, a brain section called parietal lobe begins to show excessive activity. Once it happens, it is like “reading” another person’s mind at a deeper level or like having a sixth sense,” she adds.
During the research, the electrodes were placed around the head of volunteers to monitor brain waves in four different areas. At the same time the heart was being monitored by electrocardiogram.
At the moment of “spiritual connection”, the electrodes that were monitoring the brain activity recorded an increased activity in the brain section considered to be responsible for imagination.
“Probably when our brain waves synchronize with someone else, at a certain degree we can read his thoughts using the “sixth sense” in combination with what we generally call “imagination”, says Dr. Stratford.
The experiment also showed that most people needed time, concentration and effort to do it. They needed to give the full attention to the person they were communicating with in this way. However, there were people who managed to read other’s mind without any effort.
- Scientists Claim to Have Created the ‘Sixth Sense’
- Possible to Read Dreams Using Brain Scans!
- Electronic Telepathy and Telekinesis Could Become Reality Thanks to Temporary Tattoos
- Quantum Mind: Beyond the Possibilities of the Human Brain
- Direct Communication Between Two Minds Proven to Be Possible
- “Sixth Sense” Is Promised to Be Given via Brain Implant
- 7 Superpowers of the Human Body
- Male Brain vs. Female Brain: 20 Differences
- How To Make Your Mind Work Its Full Potential
- Being Left-Handed: origins and consequences