After five years of follow-up study of the brain activity, Trisha Stratford from the University of Technology, Sydney concluded that two people can “synchronize” the functions of their nervous system without having any visual or physical contact. She tried to explain scientifically what happens when two people’s brains interact, which happens even when we fall in love!
The research involved 30 volunteers whose reactions were being recorded while the functions of their brain were synchronizing. “To use more modern terminology, we can say that their brains were chatting,” says Dr. Stratford.
”It was very exciting. Once two brains become one, a brain section called parietal lobe begins to show excessive activity. Once it happens, it is like “reading” another person’s mind at a deeper level or like having a sixth sense,” she adds.
During the research, the electrodes were placed around the head of volunteers to monitor brain waves in four different areas. At the same time the heart was being monitored by electrocardiogram.
At the moment of “spiritual connection”, the electrodes that were monitoring the brain activity recorded an increased activity in the brain section considered to be responsible for imagination.
“Probably when our brain waves synchronize with someone else, at a certain degree we can read his thoughts using the “sixth sense” in combination with what we generally call “imagination”, says Dr. Stratford.
The experiment also showed that most people needed time, concentration and effort to do it. They needed to give the full attention to the person they were communicating with in this way. However, there were people who managed to read other’s mind without any effort.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- Rosetta Probe Data Refute the Theory That Earth’s Water Came from Comets - December 13, 2014
- Swiss Scientists Control Genes with the Power of Mind - December 10, 2014
- New Revolutionary Theory Claims Dark Energy Will Eventually ‘Swallow’ the Universe - November 18, 2014
- Neuroscience Reveals the Secrets to Unlocking Your Brain’s Potential - November 13, 2014
- 5 Technologies That Have Made It Possible to Read People’s Minds - November 10, 2014