“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”
― Nikola Tesla
Using sound to heal the body and relax the mind is nothing new. In fact, it goes back to the beginning of time.
Some of the most interesting ways to achieve this are by using Solfeggio frequencies, isochronic and binaural tones. You may be well aware of sound therapy already, but if you are not, you HAVE to give it a try.
I recently added these “sound therapies” to my daily routine and I am amazed at the change I have experienced in my overall state of mind and well-being.
Even more amazing, is the fact that I “felt” a positive change in only a matter of minutes. I had to find out just how and why these sounds do what they do and share my findings with others.
The Law of Vibration
This law of nature states that everything moves, everything vibrates, and nothing rests. These vibrations may be lower (slower vibration) or higher (faster vibrations). These vibrational energy levels are known as “frequencies” and are measured in Hertz (Hz). A Hertz is equal to ONE vibrational cycle per second.
I won’t go too deep into a physics lessons here, but it’s interesting to note that Dr. Colin W.F. McClare (Bio-Physicist), discovered that frequencies of vibrating energy are roughly 100 times more efficient in relaying information within a biological system than physical signals, such as hormones, neurotransmitters and other growth factors (Lipton 2008).
That would explain how different frequencies can impact our moods and emotions and the moods and emotions of those around us. It is believed that feelings of sadness, anger, fear, and dread, for example, have a low frequency while feelings, of love, happiness, gratitude, etc. have a high frequency.
Everyone today can easily recognize the 7 note scale assigned to the syllables Do-Re-Mi-Fa-So-La-Ti, but the ancient version was a 6 note scale assigned to the ascending syllables Ut-Re-Mi-Fa-Sol-La.
This is the ancient Solfeggio Scale. This ancient 6 note scale was created by Benedictine monk, Guido d’Arezzo (991 AD – 1050 AD).
The scale was used as a teaching tool to help others learn chants and songs easier. Each tone in the scale produces a specific frequency. These frequencies have been discovered to have very specific impacts on the body.
- UT- 396 Hz = turning grief into joy, liberating guilt & fear: searches out hidden blockages, subconscious negative beliefs, and ideas that have led to your present situations.
- RE- 417 Hz = undoing situations and facilitating change: puts you in touch with an inexhaustible source of energy that allows you to change your life.
- MI- 528 Hz = transformation and miracles (DNA repair): increased amount of life energy, clarity of mind, awareness, awakened or activated creativity, ecstatic states like deep inner peace, dance, and celebration. Also, activates your imagination, intention, and intuition to operate for your highest and best purpose.
- FA- 639 Hz = re-connecting and balancing, relationships: enhances communication, understanding, tolerance, and love.
- Sol- 741 Hz = solving problems, expressions/solutions: leads to a healthier, simpler life, and also to changes in diet. Also, leads you into the power of self-expression, which results in a pure and stable life.
- LA- 852 Hz = awakening intuition, returning to spiritual order: the ability to see through the illusions of your life, such as hidden agendas of people, places, and things. It opens a person up for communication with the all-embracing Spirit and raises awareness and lets you return to spiritual order.
In addition to the original 6 above, 3 other tones have been shown to have healing properties. Together the 9 make up the Solfeggio frequencies.
- SI- 963 Hz = awakens any system to its original, perfect state: enables direct experience, the return to Oneness.
- 174 Hz = natural anesthetic: reduce pain physically and energetically.
- 285 Hz = helps return tissue into its original form: influences energy fields, sending them a message to restructure damaged organs. It also leaves your body rejuvenated and energized.
Isochronic & Binaural Tones
Referred to as “brainwave entrainment,” these tones and beats are distinctive sound pulses that are often combined with soothing sounds or music.
They have a direct impact on your brain activity changing the frequency of your brainwaves, so you can train your brain to enter various mental states and levels of consciousness.
These states are similar to what the brain experiences during meditation and can have similar benefits on the body. The magic of isochronic and binaural beats/tones is that they target and work on various brainwave frequencies to achieve various impacts on the body.
- Beta brain waves – 12 Hz to 30 Hz = help regulate and stabilize your normal waking awareness. Entrainment of your beta waves may also be used to increase your ability to concentrate and may even improve your IQ.
- Alpha brain waves – 8 Hz to 12 Hz = states of relaxation, enhances creativity, mental clarity, and the brain is more receptive to information. Alpha is great for stress relief and relaxation.
- Theta brain waves – 4 Hz to 7 Hz = state of deep meditation/relaxation: improved concentration, major reductions in stress, and improved memory retention. Blood pressure, breathing, and heart rate will all slow to a much more restful and healthy level that promotes natural healing.
- Delta brain waves – 0.1 Hz to 4 Hz = deepest state of complete relaxation: dreamless, completely unconscious sleep state that allows your body and brain to rest and repair. This is the most effective way to encourage your mind to release itself from an overactive waking state and enter into a sleep state.
Binaural tones play slightly different frequencies in each ear so headphones are a must for them to work!
With isochronic tones, the ears receive the same simple pulse of sound, so headphones aren’t required, but they can enhance the experience.
The brain needs about 7 full minutes for these tones to start to work, but to get and feel the benefits. At least 15-30 minutes are recommended.
With these tones, it is wise to note that you should only listen to them when you have time to relax or meditate. Do not listen while driving a car or operating machinery.
Certain people, those that are affected by seizures or other similar health conditions, shouldn’t listen to these tones.
These sound therapies can be an excellent tool for those who are beginning meditation practices or by anyone who wants to add to their daily well-being rituals. No matter what your goal is, the above are great ways to relax and improve your mood fast! Be well!
- The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter, and Miracles. Bruce H. Lipton, Ph.D., Hay House, 2008
- Magic Mushrooms Can Actually Rewire and Change Your Brain - December 26, 2014
- What Is An Ambivert and How to Find Out If You Are One - November 8, 2014
- Sound Therapy: an Amazing Tool to Change Your State of Mind & Enhance Well-being - October 16, 2014
Copyright © 2012-2020 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.