Here are 10 psychological movies worth seeing if you are interested in the mysteries of the human psyche. Be sure that any of them will impress you and will long stay in your mind.
10. THE MACHINIST (2004, starring Christian Bale):
A factory worker cannot sleep anymore. It’s not just usual insomnia, he hasn’t slept for a year. Weird things happen to him, and his coworkers blame him for being insane, but is he or they just want to conspire against him?
The lesson we learn from this movie is powerful: Guilt always leads to big psychological issues. And the answer to the question “How do you wake up from a nightmare if you are not asleep?” is there in the movie.
9. DETACHMENT (2011, staring Adrien Brody):
This movie is about a male teacher who becomes interested in the life of two of his students and also one prostitute. He is so interested in their drama, that he actually becomes detached by his own life.
8. GIRL, INTERRUPTED (1999, starring Winona Ryder, Angelina Jolie):
This is a story about a girl who is in a Psychiatry Hospital due to her borderline personality disorder. She makes friends with the other girls from that hospital. Nevertheless, she realizes that if she wants to be free, she has to confront herself.
7. BLACK SWAN (2010, starring Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis)
This psychological movie reveals how the strive for perfection can cause real issues. Especially if this strive comes from the parents’ expectations. A ballet dancer slowly loses her mind because of her huge desire to succeed.
6. SHUTTER ISLAND (2010, starring Leonardo di Caprio)
Once again in this movie, Leonardo di Caprio proves his amazing acting talent. Is it all real and the doctor from a psychiatry hospital tries to make U.S. Marshal Teddy Daniels, who is there to investigate a few crimes, lose his mind? Or he already has?
5. IDENTITY (2003, starring John Cusack):
In a motel where there are a few people stranded, crimes happen one by one… Interesting movie about a psychopath’s mind!
4. THE EXPERIMENT (2010, starring Adrien Brody, Cam Gigandet)
A totally must-see if you really are into psychological movies! A psychological study in a prison spirals out of control. A story about how power can change people.
3. FIGHT CLUB (1999, starring Brad Pitt, Edward Norton)
A masterpiece! An insomniac and a rebel meet and they start a shocking kind of therapy by joining fight clubs. This movie is so amazing through its message about how controlled we really are by the things we own.
2. REQUIEM FOR A DREAM (2000, starring Ellen Burstyn, Jared Leto)
Definitely my favorite movie! It is not just a story about drug abuse, but a story that so vividly presents every possible problem that can occur because of the drug addiction. The perfection of this movie is completed by a very good chosen soundtrack.
1. A BEAUTIFUL MIND (2001, starring Russell Crowe)
The title says everything: a brilliant mathematician has a beautiful mind. If we see things from another perspective, a complicated mind can be beautiful.
- How to Become Happier: 7 Simple Everyday Tips - September 18, 2020
- 5 Negative Thought Patterns and How to Challenge Them - January 1, 2020
- The Five Buddha Families and How They Can Help You Understand Yourself - December 25, 2019
Copyright © 2012-2020 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.