With more and more people showing interest in spiritual experiences, many want to know how to have a lucid dream. This is an extremely intriguing experience that involves being aware that you are dreaming. Moreover, those who practice it claim that some pretty incredible things are possible in lucid dreams.
If you want to lucid dream, it takes some preparation and precaution. Here is a short guide of seven steps that will reveal the basics of how to have a lucid dream.
How to have a lucid dream in 7 steps
1. Prepare the room so that the light and the noise do not distract you.
2. Lie on your back with your arms at the sides of your body and your eyes closed. This is best done when you are tired or sleepy as you will find it easier to relax.
3. Lie still, but try not to fall asleep. If you suddenly feel the urge to scratch yourself, blink, or something else – ignore it and it will go away.
4. After about half an hour, you will feel tightness in your chest, or even hear strange sounds, but do not be afraid, this is the so-called sleep paralysis that often affects those who try to lucid dream for the first time. If during this time you open your eyes, you might have some scary hallucinations, but you cannot move because your body has already fallen asleep.
5. If you really want to fall asleep, it is enough to close your eyes. In this case, you will probably be able to control your dreams.
6. If you want to wake up, someone else’s help would be useful to you. You can ask some of your close people to wake you up at the right time.
7. In both forms of dreaming – either lucid or normal – there is something in common: it is not a fictional thing from the “outside”, but a journey to self-knowledge, which can carry meaning and reveal important things about your personality and emotional state.
However, remember that in order to explain the things that you have seen, you need to interpret a dream, and in this case, it is necessary to rely on your inner knowledge, feelings, and sensations. All the symbols we see in our dreams may have a different meaning for each of us.
- How to Become Happier: 7 Simple Everyday Tips - September 18, 2020
- 5 Negative Thought Patterns and How to Challenge Them - January 1, 2020
- The Five Buddha Families and How They Can Help You Understand Yourself - December 25, 2019
Copyright © 2012-2020 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.