According to the Hindu tradition, the solar plexus chakra or Manipura is the third chakra, which governs primary emotions, such as frustration, anger and intuition, feelings of sensitivity and power.
The solar plexus chakra is the “headquarter” of our personality. It is where we find our identity and it helps us fit into the norms of society through our personal strength, tenacity and the power of adaptability.
Its element is represented by fire. Fire is light, heat, energy and activity, and at the spiritual level, it represents enlightenment.
The solar plexus chakra is represented by the sun as the center of a person’s strength. Here we take the solar energy that nourishes, among other things, our spirit and the physical body, giving us vitality.
Maintaining physical health
This chakra manages the nervous system, the stomach, the biliary bladder, the large intestine, the liver and the pancreas. Also, the entire digestive and muscular system are regulated by this chakra. Even the eyes are governed by the solar plexus chakra.
Problems with the digestive system, arthritis, diabetes and hypoglycemia are some physical health problems that may indicate a dysfunctional Manipura.
Action and will
The most important functions of this chakra are to expose/express your feelings with courage, motivation, strength and happiness. When this chakra is charged with energy, it stimulates positive emotions that improve the level of confidence and courage to fulfill your dreams.
The inability to work hard, procrastination, apathy, being dominated by personal habits and being controlled by others are some factors related to the imbalances in this chakra.
The Signs of a Healthy Manipura
When the solar plexus chakra is balanced, you have a generally good mood, you are cheerful and optimistic, you respect yourself and others and can honestly express your feelings. You can trust yourself and have the courage to recognize your problems and take real actions to solve them.
You are flexible and solve your problems with a calm mind. You do not lose your temper easily – you are calm and confident, so you adopt effective conflict resolution and problem-solving strategies. You feel that you are your own master.
What Blocks the Solar Plexus Chakra
You have repressed emotions and feel like you cannot control your life. Often, this may be due to a job you do not like, a relationship that does not benefit you, or the fact that you do not live the life you want.
Discover the Cause
To check the cause of the imbalance, ask yourself the following questions: Do I control my life? Am I following my passions? Do I have enough time for my hobbies? Do I live the life I want?
Even if you may not immediately find the answer, dedicate time to understand your current situation through meditation or other forms of self-knowledge or self-discovery.
Hyperactivity of the solar plexus chakra
If the solar plexus chakra has too much energy, you tend to:
- Blame others;
- Be rigid;
- You are rarely pleased with new projects and resist changes or novelty;
- You are stubborn and deaf to the advice of other people;
- You often believe that you know better than the rest of the world, thus, you do not need anyone telling you what to do.
Cleaning the Solar Plexus Chakra
Here are some ways to balance your solar plexus chakra:
- Stay in the sun
- Do various sport activities
- Complete tasks that you left incomplete
- Clean up in a room
- Take care of yourself
- Do something that makes you feel good
- Set up a goal and achieve it
- You can segment difficult tasks with breaks
- Be more assertive
- Make decisions by combining your ideas with other people’s advice
- Use flavors such as rosemary or lavender
- Decorate your room in yellow to give you energy and a strong spirit
- Remember that you are strong and worthy to fulfill all your desires
- Accept challenges
- Psychotherapy can help you gain the power to free or control your anger, to have a good self-control, and to strengthen your sense of autonomy
- Compliment yourself and others with more ease. Admire others instead of envying them, or even worse, hating them
Foods to Heal the Solar Plexus Chakra
Yellow fruits and vegetables help clear and balance Manipura: yellow peppers, lemons, bananas, corn.
Carbohydrates and whole grains will provide your third chakra with a slow-burning power. Avoid foods that the body absorbs quickly, such as sugar, refined and processed foods. Thus, choose brown rice or whole grain cereals. It would also be great if you could add sunflower seeds to your diet for healthy fats.
Did you ever experience any of the signs above? If yes, how did you re-establish the balance of your Manipura?
- How Your Inner Critic Sabotages Your Growth and 5 Strategies to Deal with It - September 17, 2018
- What Is Psychological Deflection and How It Might Be Blocking Your Growth - September 3, 2018
- Beck’s Cognitive Triad and How It Can Help You Heal the Root of Depression - August 30, 2018
Copyright © 2012-2022 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.