Happiness is a profound emotion, one without real cause or definition. Happiness is more than a state of mind; it is a constant ebb and flow, so learning how to put yourself into a happier state is crucial to living life to its fullest potential.
Knowing what gives you happiness is a life-long quest that is achieved through observing the smallest things in life. While surprise birthday parties, or winning the lottery are significant events that give you happiness, there are thousands of little things that happen around you that can give you satisfaction.
Feel happy every single day with these simple tips:
1. Reflect on your day at night, what did you achieve, and what can you do better?
2. Take a walk, not only does exercise release hormones that give us that “happy” feeling. Taking in some fresh air and watching leaves fall, water ripple over rocks, or even small animals playing can provide us with a moment of joy.
3. Be grateful for what you have. While this is a relatively common recommendation, being satisfied with what you have will help you see that you may have everything you wanted, right in front of you.
4. Do good for others, and it will come back to you. Helping someone out does give you that giddy feeling, you did a great thing by helping them out of what ever situation they may have been in.
5. Be creative! One of the most overlooked way to achieve happiness in a person’s life is being creative. Finding an outlet where you can dedicate yourself for just a few minutes per day can give you something to look forward to, and have a finished product to be proud about. From writing to drawing, reading or wood sculpting, find an activity that you want to immerse yourself in.
Being happy does not take a lot of efforts. Even though some days it certainly feels that way, appreciating the small aspects of life and realizing you are a healthy person is sometimes all it takes. Happiness is infectious, once you make a conscious effort to be happy; it will come easier, and the people around you will slowly begin to do the same (talk about passive-aggressive!). You don’t even need to devote hours to this quest – just a few moments out of your day is all it takes.
Quit resisting that smile, don’t stifle that laugh, bring joy to yourself and others. 🙂
Copyright © 2016 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.
Latest posts by Brittany (see all)
- 4 Easy Ways to Step Past Your Comfort Zone Today - September 5, 2015
- 4 Toxic Beliefs You Need to Drop to Be Truly Happy - August 20, 2015
- 4 Powerful Brain Hacks You Need to Know for a Better Life - July 31, 2015
- 4 Simple Truths about Life and Success We Often Forget - July 14, 2015
- 5 Ways to Make It Through Dark Times: You Are Stronger Than You Think - June 6, 2015