If you feel angry on a regular basis, you may want to learn a few anger management techniques to be able to handle your emotions.
Many people struggle with anger issues. There can be a lot of answers to the question: “why do we get angry?”, but the most accurate answer will be: because of our negative thoughts.
Negative thinking can lead to three major psychological problems: depression, anxiety, and anger. We are usually angry when we are frustrated, or when we want to have control over the others and we realize that we actually do not have it.
If you want to learn anger management techniques, there are two things you can do:
1. LEARN TO CHANGE YOUR NEGATIVE THOUGHTS INTO POSITIVE ONES:
Start with this simple exercise: focus on your inner thought and feelings, observe them! Every time you have an automatic negative thought, say “STOP!” and replace it with a positive one.
It may sound easier said than done, but it needs practice in order to become a habit!
2. LEARN TO RELAX!
The best way you could do it is by using hypnosis techniques with a mental health practitioner, but if you cannot afford it, then you may also use self-hypnosis!
Hypnosis is the transmission of some particular positive affirmations to a patient, who is in a deep relaxation state, for therapeutic purposes.
The expression “hypnotic trance” may sound scary, but, in fact, we enter into a trance many times, for instance, when we read a good book, or when we listen to a great song, or while we are daydreaming… Trance is that state in which you are focused only on one thing and ignore all the rest.
If you want to try self-hypnosis, it is not difficult at all. Actually, all you have to do is written right here:
– close your eyes;
– focus on your breathing;
– inhale, fill your lungs with fresh air at the maximum level, and the exhalation must be slow, long, and smooth. Do this several times;
– focus on every muscle on your body one by one, from the top of your head to the toes of your feet! Imagine how those muscles become limp, heavy, and relaxed;
– Then imagine a situation that angers you, observe all the symptoms of your body when you are angry, inhale, keep your air into your lungs, and then exhale very long, imagining you throw out of your body all those symptoms, repeating to yourself: “gone forever!“
– Then imagine yourself to have found a solution to that unpleasant situation so that everybody would be happy and nobody would be offended.
Practicing this simple anger management technique on a regular basis will help you stay calm the next time you face a difficult situation.
- 10 Key Traits of ENTJ Personality Type: Is This You? - February 9, 2021
- What Is Self-Assurance & How to Increase It with 7 Tips - September 28, 2020
- How to Develop Your Writing Skills to Benefit Your Brain & Self-Improvement - September 25, 2020
Copyright © 2012-2021 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.