Often in our busy lives, we don’t stop to ask deep questions about life. However, making the time to ask these questions can transform our lives.
If we keep plodding along in life without asking deep questions, we can miss out on opportunities for growth, enlightenment, and self-fulfillment. Taking the time to ask ourselves some important questions can reveal to us many insights into who we are and what we want from life.
Often we don’t take the time to question why we do what we do or think what we think.
We can be held back by limiting beliefs that we have picked up in childhood or over the course of our lives. These limiting beliefs can block our progress. It is only by questioning everything we think, feel and believe that we can move towards living a life that truly fulfills us.
We can question our limiting beliefs and the rules and norms of society. In addition, we can question our political and religious beliefs and our ideas about ourselves and others. We can also question our work, relationships, and leisure.
It may sound daunting to question everything in our lives. However, if we desire to change it’s the best way to start.
So, if you feel you are stuck in a rut or you are just not sure what your life purpose is or what next step to take, consider asking yourself some of the following deep questions about life.
Settle down with your journal and favorite pen and commit to some soul searching. Take your time and just write what comes into your head. You may be surprised by the inner knowledge you have about what is holding you back and how to transform your life.
A word of caution though: these questions are powerful and can cause massive transformations in your life. If you want to stay in your comfort zone, you might want to give this practice a miss!
25 Deep Questions about Life
- What do I love doing?
- Who do I love spending time with?
- Are my actions guided by love or fear?
- What brings me joy?
- What would I most like to change about my life?
- When did I last do something just for me?
- What could I do today that would fill me with joy?
- When did I last laugh?
- Am I a better person today than I was yesterday?
- What could I do today to help someone else?
- Do I treat myself with love and respect?
- Do I treat others with love and respect?
- Am I following the crowd or do I listen to my inner guidance?
- What would I do with my life if anything was possible?
- Is the life I am living the one I want to be living?
- What would I do if I weren’t afraid to be judged?
- How could I inspire others?
- When did I last do something outside of my comfort zone?
- Do I allow myself to really feel my emotions?
- What emotions am I afraid to show?
- What limiting beliefs are holding me back?
- Is there someone I need to forgive?
- Is there a conversation I need to have?
- Does my presence improve the lives of those I care about?
- What do I need to let go of in order to move forward?
Asking these questions is not always easy. Sometimes the answers may bring us pain. They may bring up emotions that are difficult and we may need help from a counselor to process what we find.
But asking these questions is worth the trouble. If we don’t question what we are doing with our lives, we may miss out on achieving the things we want.
It’s easy to get stuck in a rut of work, paying bills, chores, and TV. Often we avoid getting real with ourselves and discovering what would make our hearts sing.
While some of the questions may cause us to be uncomfortable, many of them can bring us great joy and help us create better relationships and achieve our dreams. If we get clear about what we want from life and what might be holding us back, we can begin to make real progress.
What deep questions about life do you think shake us up and open our minds to different ways of living and being? Please share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.
Copyright © 2012-2021 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.